We are looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial, and ambitious leader to oversee the operations of Bee Thinking, a fast-growing, profitable online and brick and mortar business based in Portland, Oregon.
As the General Manager, you will manage the day-to-day business functions of our expanding international, e-commerce business. Responsibilities will be focused on growing and running the business smoothly at all times, and fine-tuning operation details as needed. The ideal candidate has been working in a high-growth hybrid ecommerce and brick and mortar business, consumer tech start-up or digital agency where they have accrued valuable experience learning how to build, foster, and lead an amazing team, streamline operations, grow profit, and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
You have to love operations and consider yourself an operations magician. This is a leadership position where you will have the opportunity to grow and build the team based on business needs. Also, Bee Thinking is growing rapidly, which means you get to play multiple roles, doing whatever is needed to grow the business sustainably!
And if you love design and have a great eye for it, bonus!
About Bee Thinking
Since 2008, Bee Thinking has revolutionized backyard and rooftop beekeeping. We are focused on creating beautiful, functional beehives from the highest quality materials, and providing industry-leading customer support.
Bee Thinking began in owners Matt & Jill’s garage when they started making premium hives for their own operation. Soon beekeepers the world-over wanted them too. Since then, Bee Thinking has grown dramatically, with multiple locations for operations, retail, and order fulfillment.
We strive to provide the best experience and products to beekeepers and bee lovers, and we want to continue growing our team with members who are aligned with this vision.
What will you be responsible for?
You will primarily oversee the day to day operations of all arms of Bee Thinking’s business: ecommerce, brick and mortar, warehouse, and customer service. Additionally you will see to its growth, values, building and motivating your team, and most importantly delivering incredible value to customers.
You will work closely with the marketing and ecommerce departments to define, develop, and deploy e-commerce features, content and functionality. You will analyze analytics to ensure an optimal experience leads to improved engagement, conversion rates and sales.
You will coordinate all fronts of Bee Thinking’s operations: retail, customer service, and logistics to ensure optimal efficiency and growth.
You will communicate with Bee Thinking’s two owners closely, and interpret and implement their vision along all fronts.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and build relationships with both external and internal ecommerce, marketing, logistics, and customer service teams to ensure cohesive consumer experience. Making sure services and costs are aligned with goals
- Manage the management team made up of customer service, retail, marketing, and warehouse to ensure strong communication, focus, and alignment of departments
- Monitor daily operations including logistics, ecommerce and customer support to ensure that all systems are operating without issues and meeting established goals
- Analyze and report on sales, profitability, and marketing efforts
- Recommend opportunities for revenue growth and cost savings
- Ensure organizational health by promoting cross-team collaboration and team building
- Develop and maintain a world class team promoting natural beekeeping throughout the world
- Manage, mentor, & develop management team
- Oversee all hiring, training, and human resources
- Conduct performance reviews and salary adjustments
- Create job descriptions and determine staffing needs in coordination with management team
- 4+ years of experience in e-commerce and retail operations, including knowledge of supply chain, fulfillment, digital marketing and customer services processes
- Experience in the beekeeping industry a plus (experience working on a wide range of programs and varied clients also acceptable)
- 2+ experience growing, building and leading a talented team to achieve business growth
- Self-motivated, results-oriented contributor who leads through actions
- Ability to flourish in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment with minimal direction
- Meticulous/thorough with details and incredibly organized and proactive
- Strong understanding of digital marketing techniques with intuitive grasp of customer support
- Strong aesthetic sense and the ability to collaborate closely with creatives
- Superb communication skills across all channels
- Excellent team player with a flexible, positive attitude
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance
- Simple IRA Plan
- Employee discounts
If you are the ideal candidate, please send us your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bee Thinking is looking for an experienced retail associate with a passion for bees and customer service.
Providing exceptional customer service
Maintain a clean and tidy working environment
Multitasking and triage
Assisting phone and retail customers
Conducting mead tastings
Some packing and shipping orders as needed
Basic beekeeping knowledge and a passion for bees
Customer service and retail experience
Ability to lift 50lbs or more
Ability to stand for extended periods
Point of sale experience (ideally Quickbooks)
Alcohol service permit (or ability to obtain one)
This position will begin part-time but will have the opportunity to grow to full-time. Starting pay $10.50.
Picking, packing, and shipping orders to customers worldwide
Assembly of wood products
Ability to lift 65lbs or more
Extreme attention to detail
Ability to work long hours and triage orders during busy season
Ability to stand for extended periods
Forklift/stacker experience preferred
This position will begin part-time but will have the opportunity to grow to full-time. Starting pay $10.00.
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com