This item is in high demand! Feel free to order now, but know that the hive will most likely arrive separately and earlier than many of the tools in this kit which won't ship until spring. Thanks for your understanding!
Everything you need to get started with your first Warre Hive, conveniently bundled together. The Warre hive starter kit is made up of our most popular Warre hive configuration, as well as the items most frequently purchased along with it by new beekeepers. Buying this kit saves you at least $40 off the items purchased separately. The Warre Hive, beekeeping starter kit, Natural Beekeeping with the Warre Hive book, and tung oil can also be purchased individually if you don't need the whole kit.
- Warre boxes measure 13 3/4" wide by 13 3/4" long by 8 1/4" deep. Boxes are made from 7/8-inch thick Western Red Cedar or 1-inch thick sugar pine.
- Click here for hive assembly instructions!
Includes (All components pre-drilled)
- Quilt box with canvas quilt
- Extra canvas to go between quilt box and top bars
- 2 Warre boxes with windows
- 16 one piece top bars with wedge comb guides
- Standard screened bottom with closable insert and milled feet to further elevate the hive
- 1 bag of shredded cedar to fill the quilt box
- Assembly diagram
- Starter kit with gloves, stainless steel American smoker, veil, brush, and Ultimate Top Bar Hive Tool
- Natural Beekeeping with the Warre Hive book
- Tung oil
- Upgrade the veil to a full jacket or full ventilated jacket
Tools required (Unassembled version only)
- Drill or screwdriver Stapler (for attaching burlap to quilt box)
- Approximate assembly time: 45 minutes
Learn more about our Shipping and Return Policy
Small: 36"-38" chest (Fits most people 5'0"-5'7", 110-145lb)
Medium: 40"-42" chest (Fits most people 5'5"-5-9", 135-165lb)
Large: 44"-46" chest (Fits most people 5'8"-6'1", 155-200lb)
Extra Large: 48"-50" chest (Fits most people 6'0"-6'5", 200-250lb)
Jackets should not fit snugly. You will want some room inside the jacket should a honey bee end up inside with you!
Gloves size is determined by measuring across the knuckles, not including the thumb (I.E. the widest point of the palm). You want your gloves to fit snugly as the leather will stretch slightly over time.
2 1/2" - 2 3/4" Extra Small
3" - 3 1/8" Small
3 1/4" - 3 5/8" Medium
3 3/4" - 4" Large
4 1/4" - 4 1/2" Extra Large